Tata Motors February sales down 19.1 percentMarch 2nd, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Auto major Tata Motors Monday said its last month sales went down 19.1 percent to 43,807 vehicles as against 54,181 units in February 2008.
The company said in a statement that its commercial vehicles sales went down 25 percent, while the passenger vehicles sales reported a marginal year-on-year growth of 1.5 percent.
“While the financial stimulus announced by the government, particularly for commercial vehicles, has had a positive impact, the retail market would still take some time to reach the corresponding period levels of the last fiscal,” the company said.
However, the February figures reflect the highest sales for the company since September 2008.
Tata sold 19,039 passenger cars last month, 4 percent higher than the previous month’s sales, the statement said.
The commercial vehicles sales in February went up 35 percent from the January figure to 23,454 units.
In the passenger vehicle category, Tata’s mid segment sedan Indigo and the new variant of its flagship compact Indica together sold 15,524 units.
- Tata Motors February sales up 19 percent - Mar 01, 2012
- Tata Motors logs 12 pc sales growth in February - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 15 percent sales growth - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales down 7 percent in April - May 01, 2012
- Tata Motors' November domestic sales zoom 44 percent - Dec 01, 2011
- Nano drives passenger vehicle sales for Tata Motors (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' January sales up 16 percent - Feb 01, 2012
- Tata Motors sales rise 4 percent in May, Nano sales jump - Jun 01, 2012
- Tata Motors closes March, full year with sales growth - Apr 01, 2011
- Nano tops Tata Motors sales in April - May 01, 2011
- Tata Motors' October sales up five percent - Nov 01, 2011
- Tata Motors logs 41 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2010
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
- Indian automobile sector's February sales soar (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- Tata Motors Group's June sales up 6 percent - Jul 16, 2012