Tata Consultancy, state utilities to set up power exchangeSeptember 8th, 2008 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 8(IANS) Software services and consulting firm Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will float a joint venture company along with the state-run National Thermal Power Corp (NTPC), National Hydro Power Corp (NHPC) and Power Finance Corp (PFC) to operate a national level power exchange, the company announced Monday. “A agreement has been signed amongst NTPC, NHPC, PFC and TCS for incorporation of a joint venture company to set up and operate a power exchange at national level,” TCS said in a regulatory statement.
The joint venture would be registered as a public limited company with an authorised capital of Rs.500 million (Rs.50 crore) for setting up an exchange to provide a neutral and transparent electronic platform for power trading.
The exchange will also ensure clearing of all trades in an efficient manner with access to all players in the power sector.
- NTPC ties up with Sri Lankan firm - Sep 06, 2011
- Government, Tata Consultancy to start energy exchange - Dec 12, 2008
- IVRCL Group bags orders worth Rs.4,081 crore - Apr 02, 2012
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
- NPCIL tying up with state-run firms for n-power - Jul 22, 2011
- NTPC Himachal hydro plant to be commissioned next year - Feb 27, 2012
- NTPC committed to go ahead with Bengal project - Jul 18, 2011
- NTPC, Himachal to set up engineering college - Mar 03, 2012
- NTPC in talks with Bangladesh agency for power project land - Dec 22, 2010
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- Punj Lloyd bags Rs.210 crore thermal power project - Jul 21, 2011
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- NTPC, NPCIL ink JV deal to set up nuclear power plants - Apr 27, 2010