Tanushree Dutta has no confidence in director Shona UrvashiAugust 26th, 2008 - 11:45 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 26 (IANS) Former Miss India Tanushree Dutta is upset with Shona Urvashi, the director of her forthcoming film “Saas Bahu Aur Sensex”, and says she has no confidence on the filmmaker’s ability to deliver a hit.”Shona Urvashi’s first film (’Chupke Se’) was a disaster. Nobody knows about her first film. This is her second film. I hope she makes a better film this time,” Tanushree told IANS.
The actress, who reportedly had an argument with Urvashi on the sets, hasn’t seen the film yet but doubts whether it will shape up well.
Asked why she signed the film in the first place, Tanushree said: “I signed because Warner Brothers, who are producing the film, had approached me. Warner Brothers is an international giant; so I could not refuse them.”
After winning the Miss India title in 2004, Tanushree forayed into Bollywood with “Aashiq Banaya Aapne” in 2005. In the last three years she has featured in movies like “Chocolate “, “Bhagam Bhag”, “Risk”, “Dhol” and “Speed”.
Though she didn’t have a great experience working with Urvashi, Tanushree does have some good memories of the film, thanks to her senior co-stars in “Saas Bahu Aur Sensex”.
The actress was teamed up with veterans like Farooque Sheikh, Kirron Kher and Lilette Dubey.
“They are senior actors with a lot of experience. I had a great learning experience while working with them in the movie,” Tanushree said.
Besides, the character that she plays in the film also fascinated her.
“I am playing a character which is more real and underplayed. It has been an experimental experience as I have done something which I had never done before.”
Tanushree, who is playing Kirron Kher’s daughter-in-law in Urvashi’s movie, didn’t reveal much about her character.
“I won’t reveal much about what I do in the movie as that will take away the charm of watching it. But one thing I can say for sure is that people will not see me running around trees or performing any dance or item numbers.”
The actress may not have confidence in her director, but she says “Saas Bahu Aur Sensex” has a great script.
“It is a character-based film which touches on various subjects and relationships. The USP of the movie will be its script and the presence of veteran actors,” Tanushree said.
- Shedding clothes is a public demand: Tanushree Dutta - Jan 02, 2011
- 'Saas Bahu Aur Sensex' - a good concept gone awry (Film Review - Rating: **) - Sep 21, 2008
- Farouque Shaikh, script are the USP of 'Saas Bahu Aur Sensex' - Aug 29, 2008
- 'Saas, Bahu Aur Sensex' - a paradox to India's dark side - Sep 18, 2008
- Tanushree Dutta cannot be sweet talked into doing a film! - Sep 10, 2009
- I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas: TV actress Smita - Mar 20, 2011
- I just accept the best options: Narayani Shastri (With Images) - Apr 09, 2012
- Tanushree Dutta juggles between 'different' looks - Jul 31, 2008
- I believe in clutter-breaking: Ekta Kapoor (Interview) - Mar 22, 2010
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- 'Bodyguard' no threat to 'Mummy Punjabi...': Director - Aug 26, 2011
- My films are geuninely European: Masumeh - Sep 02, 2008
- Dolly Ahluwalia had apprehensions over 'Vicky Donor' drinking act - Apr 28, 2012
- Vandana Gupta not interested in typical 'bahu' roles - Sep 05, 2012
- Smriti Irani: When I Am Unemployed, I Can Go Back To TV - Dec 10, 2010