Tanubha still unconscious, on life support systemSeptember 11th, 2008 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 10 (IANS) Tanubha Saha, a 21-year-old who attempted suicide by consuming poison at the venue of a TV reality show here, was still on life support system and yet to regain consciousness Wednesday night.”She is still on ventilator. She is not conscious. She is not responding to treatment,” a spokesperson of the nursing home where Tanubha has been admitted, told IANS.
Asked about her chances of survival, the spokesperson said: “She is very serious. But we are trying our best.”
Tanubha’s cousin Sourav Saha clarified that she was not a participant in the reality show.
“She had somehow entered the venue of the show. We don’t know why. But she was not a participant,” Sourav told IANS.
Tanubha consumed poison Monday at the Nehru Children’s Museum in the southern part of the city.
Tanubha, who resides at Shyambazar in North Kolkata, apparently had a fight with her boyfriend before rushing into the building.
However, no police complaint has been filed yet.
- Delhi woman poisoned for giving birth to girl dies - Apr 21, 2012
- Moonshine kills 63 in Bengal village - Dec 15, 2011
- India to host 2013 world professional snooker meet - May 04, 2012
- Woman jailed for poisoning baby with breast milk - Dec 30, 2011
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Dinda's fifer takes Bengal to semis - Mar 06, 2012
- Indian teacher shocked by his $10 billion bank balance - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl - Apr 20, 2012
- Protests in Kolkata over Anna detention - Aug 16, 2011
- Flight makes emergency landing after passenger's suicide bid - Jun 23, 2011
- Mini Mathur Finds Reality Shows Crap - Sep 04, 2010
- An RTI query which may have averted AMRI blaze - Dec 22, 2011
- Shakira robbed onstage - Apr 15, 2011
- Sathiyan-Priya bag table tennis mixed doubles crown - Aug 26, 2012
- Kolkata RJ accuses industrialist's son of raping her - Jul 16, 2012
- Two youths commit suicide in Rajasthan - Jul 14, 2012