Tamil Nadu take on Uttarakhand in opening match of national hockeyJune 4th, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Tamil Nadu will take on Uttarakhand in the opening match of the inaugural Hockey India Senior Men’s National Championship in Bhopal from June 10.
In the tournament, 32 teams have been divided in eight pools and the top team for each pool will qualify for the quarterfinal.
This is the first national championship organised by Hockey India since its inception in 2009. All matches will be played on four artificial turfs at the Aishbagh Stadium, Mayur Park and Sports Authority of India (SAI) centre. Matches will be played under floodlights from quarter finals stages .
Shakeel Qureshi has been appointed the tournament director and the matches will be officiated by leading umpires including FIH World Panel and FIH International badge holders from India.
The quarterfinals are slated for June 16, semi-finals June 18 and the final will be held June 19.
Pool A: Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Uttarakhand
Pool B: Chandigarh, Karnataka, Rajasthan and Assam
Pool C: Delhi, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Bengal
Pool D: Air India, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala and Chhattisgarh
Pool E: Services, Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh and Manipur
Pool F: Haryana, Maharashtra, Goa and Meghalaya
Pool G: Railways, Combined Universities, Puducherry and Tripura
Pool H: Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Andaman and Nicobar
- Thirty-six teams in fray for hockey nationals - Sep 21, 2012
- Senior national hockey championship in Bhopal June 10-19 - May 26, 2011
- National hockey: Heat forces 7 a.m. start for quarterfinal - Jun 15, 2011
- Santosh Trophy to kick off Friday - May 10, 2012
- Hockey nationals: Holders Haryana drawn with Bhopal - Sep 20, 2012
- Cabinet approves more communities in OBC list - Jun 02, 2011
- Indian team announced for junior women's Asia Cup - Jun 05, 2012
- Junior Hockey: Haryana, Punjab, Karnataka enter quarters - Sep 06, 2012
- Uttarakhand, Haryana in quarters of National Basketball - Dec 21, 2011
- Most illegal explosives seized in Maharashtra - Sep 06, 2011
- Cabinet approves notifying changes in backward class list - Nov 16, 2011
- India to host inaugural World Hockey League final - Feb 22, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh in quarters of national junior hockey - Sep 03, 2012
- Cyclone threat along Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu coasts - Dec 27, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh says no to cheerleaders at WSH matches - Mar 05, 2012
Tags: air india, andaman and nicobar, artificial turfs, badge holders, chhattisgarh, floodlights, himachal pradesh, jammu and kashmir, jharkhand, madhya pradesh, manipur, mayur, meghalaya, pool c, quarterfinal, qureshi, sai centre, senior men, sports authority, uttarakhand