Tamil Nadu businessman robbed of Rs.1.8 mnMarch 31st, 2009 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), March 31 (IANS) A seven-member gang robbed a businessman and decamped with cash and jewels collectively worth Rs.1.8 million, police said Tuesday.
“The yet-to-be-identified seven-member gang robbed K. Ramaswamy (62) of Rs.800,000 in cash and gold jewels weighing over 100 sovereigns at knife point earlier in the day,” a police official said.
“Ramaswamy’s son Nanda Kumar (30) managed to switch on his mobile phone and dialled a friend Karthick who rushed to the spot hearing the dacoits’ shouts, probably saving the family’s lives as the robbers scampered away,” the official added.
Known as the “Manchester of the East”, this textile city is situated 500 km southwest of state capital Chennai.
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Cash, jewellery wowrth Rs.60 lakh looted in Ghaziabad - Jul 20, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Four criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh robbed from Chennai bank - Jan 24, 2012
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012
- Dacoits loot Karachi bank of Rs.9.6 mn - Aug 10, 2011
- Six killed in Iraq robbery - Mar 12, 2012
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011