Tamil movie ‘Maa’ courts controversySeptember 1st, 2008 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 1 (IANS) A Tamil film body Monday sent notice to the producer and director of the movie “Maa” for contract violation. Actor-producer Prakash Raj has filed the complaint against “Maa” director S.D. Sabha for violating a contract to make the same film for his banner Duet Movies. He alleged that Sabha even took an advance payment from him.
The film was launched at AVM studios.
“Following a dispute being raised on its story content and theme, a notice has been sent to the producers of ‘Maa’,” a spokesman of the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) told IANS.
Now Krishnamurthy is producing “Maa” and it stars Prithviraj, Srikant and Bhumika.
Sabha switched to new producers because Duet Movies gave two flops recently, industry sources said.
- Nagarjuna finishes dubbing for 'Thakita Thakita' - Aug 26, 2010
- Pooja Bhatt comes out to encourage old pal (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- Santhanoo's next 'Kanden' starts rolling - May 25, 2010
- 'Ishta'- an effort gone waste (Kannada Film Review) - Oct 22, 2011
- Radha Mohan Demands Freedom From Producers - May 29, 2010
- Music Of Telugu Movie Thakita Thakita To Be Released This Week - Aug 06, 2010
- Naanu Nanna Kanasu shooting speedily - Dec 24, 2009
- Naanu Nanna Kanasu completed - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Bhaghavan' factors of Kollywood - Sep 21, 2010
- Anil C Menon Signs Prithviraj For His Next - Sep 14, 2010
- Controversies At The 'Aridhu Aridhu' Musical Launch - Jun 12, 2010
- Mollywood Calls Parvathi - Oct 21, 2010
- Cousins will start in January - Oct 09, 2009
- Nawaz, Manoj turn revolutionaries for 'Chittagong' (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011