Talwar stable, attacker blames emotions for the assault (Lead)

January 26th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) A day after being attacked outside a Ghaziabad court, murdered teenager Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar was stable even though doctors were unable to give details of his conditions Wednesday. The attacker Utsav Sharma, meanwhile, blamed his “emotional weakness” for the vicious assault.

An official statement from the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, where Talwar was admitted, said he is being attended to by specialists.

“Doctor Rajesh Talwar was admitted to Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals yesterday (Tuesday) with multiple injuries. He is stable and continues to be managed by a multidisciplinary team of doctors in the intensive care unit,” a statement from the hospital said.

Talwar sustained serious injuries after he was attacked by Utsav Sharma with a cleaver.

He suffered a serious head injury with a major blood vessel being snapped. His hands were also slashed as he covered his face to stave off repeated attacks by Utsav Sharma, the same man who had assaulted Haryana’s tainted former police chief S.P.S. Rathore last year.

Sharma Wednesday said he was unable to control his emotions and he believed that Talwar was in the wrong.

“You can call it my weakness, you can say I am emotionally weak,” Sharma, a man around 30 years in age, told reporters outside a Ghaziabad court.

A resident of Varanasi, Sharma is the only son of Professor Sushil Sharma, who teaches mechanical engineering at IT-BHU and Indira Sharma, a psychiatrist and a professor at the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU.

Sharma has been remanded in judicial custody till Feb 8.

Aarushi, 14, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents’ Jalvayu Vihar apartment in Noida, May 16, 2008. Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat’s terrace a day later.

Sharma had also attacked Haryana’s tainted former police chief S.P.S. Rathore outside a Chandigarh court in February last year.

Rathore, convicted of molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra, was stabbed in the face three times by Sharma as he came out of the Chandigarh court premises last February.

A special CBI court held him responsible for molesting 15-year-old Ruchika in Panchkula town in August 1990. Ruchika committed suicide three years later.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |