‘Talwar maintains he was innocent’June 22nd, 2008 - 12:39 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) Rajesh Talwar, arrested for his alleged role in double murders in Noida last month, has maintained in his lie detector tests that he was innocent, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials said Saturday. The agency conducted a second polygraph test on Talwar, a dentist and father of Aarushi, 14, who was found killed May 16, was subjected to a second polygraph test at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) Friday morning.
“During the test he answered all questions very confidently and continuously asserted that he did not kill his daughter,” said a CBI official close to the investigation.
“During his test, he said no matter how many times anyone asks, he will keep answering that he did not kill Aarushi,” the official added.
CBI Friday also questioned the Noida policemen who have been accused of botching up the probe, prompting the central agency to step in.
“We questioned the Noida police personnel who had initially investigated the case,” CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar said, without giving any details.
A CBI source said seven to eight police personnel were questioned but “it is not clear who exactly was interrogated”.
Aarushi was found murdered in her Jalvayu Vihar apartment in suburban Noida May 16. The police initially named her family’s domestic help Hemraj as the prime accused but backtracked when his body was found on the roof of the building the next day.
The Noida police arrested Aarushi’s father May 23, saying he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her “closeness” with Hemraj.
The CBI took over the case June 1 after a public outcry over the shoddy manner in which the Noida police had investigated the case.
The CBI June 13 arrested Talwar’s compounder Krishna and later said he had confessed to his involvement in the twin murders.
The agency has questioned a number of people but is nowhere near zeroing in the motive for the crime.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi's parents ask for extra documents filed by CBI - Jan 11, 2011
- Aarushi's parents want to meet CBI director - Dec 30, 2010
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: Parents to be tried for murder (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Moily meets CBI chief to discuss Aarushi case - Dec 31, 2010
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Decision on CBI's closure report Wednesday (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012