Talwar hounded by media, brother pleads for privacyJuly 12th, 2008 - 1:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 12 (IANS) Rajesh Talwar, cleared of the murders of his teenaged daughter and domestic help, was mobbed by aggressive mediapersons, particularly television crew, as he stepped out of the Dasna Jail here Saturday morning. His family had to plead with journalists to leave as cameras hit his head and microphones were thrust into his face. Hordes of TV crew were seen falling over each other in their frenzy to get a glimpse of Rajesh Talwar walking out of the jail at 8.35 a.m. His brother Dinesh had to finally plead for space to get to their car and that they be allowed to go home.
“Let us help Dr. Rajesh come back to the mainstream so that he can lead a normal life. We will soon come to you. Please give us some time… please listen to us,” Dinesh told an unruly crowd of cameramen with folded hands.
” Rajesh has just come out of jail. He is very depressed. We need your cooperation,” he pleaded.
They finally managed to get to their car and proceeded to a Sai Temple at Sector-61, Noida. They then went to Rajesh Talwar’s father-in-law’s house in Noida.
Detailing the dentist’s routine in prison, Jail Superintendent V.K. Singh said: “Initially, Rajesh Talwar was sad. He wept the first day, but slowly he became normal. He used to read the Hindustan Times and some other magazines. He never saw television.
“He used to do yoga every morning. He has been released after a proper medical examination.”
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found dead May 16 in the Talwar’s Noida home. The police initially named the Talwars’ domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but had to retract after his body was found the next day on the terrace of the house. Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 and police said he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her alleged closeness with Hemraj.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday cleared Rajesh Talwar of all charges and named his compounder Krishna and Rajkumar, the servant of close family friends Durranis, as those behind the murders.
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail - Jul 03, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Talwars move Supreme Court against trial order - Mar 19, 2011
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012