Talks with IAEA constructive: IranAugust 21st, 2008 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Aug 21 (IANS) Iran has said its three-day talks with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) were “constructive and positive”, official IRNA news agency reported Thursday.Iranian envoy Ali-Asghar Soltanieh, who was present during the talks between IAEA’s chief inspector Oli Heinonen and Gholam-Reza Aqazadeh, head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organisation (IAEO), said the discussions were held in a very constructive and cordial atmosphere.
“The negotiation concerning technical cooperation between Iran and IAEA will continue,” Soltanieh said after the end of the talks Wednesday.
The talks were purely technical in nature and did not deal with any political issue, or whether Iran would accept the latest aid and cooperation package by world powers in return of suspension of to uranium enrichment, he said.
Deputy head of IAEO Mohammad Saeedi also described talks as constructive and said the two sides would continue the parleys.
“Issues related to inspections were discussed and both sides agreed to continue the negotiations,” the senior official added.
Heinonen accompanied by one of the IAEA experts arrived here Monday and left for Vienna Wednesday evening.
This is the second visit of Heinonen to Iran during the current month.
IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei is due to present a report on Iran’s nuclear programme and Tehran’s cooperation with the agency to the IAEA’s Board of Governors early September.
- Iran's talk with IAEA constructive: Iranian envoy - Aug 25, 2012
- Iran produces 70 kg high-grade enriched uranium - Oct 18, 2011
- No progress in n-inspection talks with Iran: IAEA - Jun 09, 2012
- 'IAEA resolution not to stop Iran's nuclear programme' - Nov 20, 2011
- Iran ready for nuclear talks with G5+1, but no compromise on nuke programme - Apr 13, 2011
- Iran, IAEA to hold talks in May - Apr 28, 2012
- Iran warns IAEA against using 'language of force' - Nov 27, 2009
- Iran to speed up uranium enrichment - Jun 13, 2011
- Iran invites IAEA inspectors to visit n-sites - Dec 22, 2011
- IAEA wants Iran to comply without delay on n-issue - Sep 14, 2012
- Iran criticises IAEA for leaking its scientists' identity - Nov 19, 2011
- Iranian lawmakers call for review of cooperation with IAEA - Nov 14, 2011
- IAEA experts end Iran inspection, arrive in Vienna - Oct 29, 2009
- Enter dialogues 'without pre-condition', Iran urged - Mar 08, 2012
- Iran issues threats after IAEA resolution (Lead, changing dateline) - Nov 27, 2009