Taliban rebels abduct 25 police recruits in PakistanSeptember 4th, 2008 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 4 (DPA) Taliban militants captured 25 police recruits in restive north-western Pakistan, officials said Thursday.The trainees were abducted in the tribal North-Western Frontier Province late Wednesday when they were returning to the Police Training College after vacations in Hangu district, the provincial
police chief Naveed Malik said.
“The militants intercepted three vehicles carrying the police cadets somewhere between Orakzai and Khyber tribal districts and took them away,” he added. The drivers were later freed.
Pakistan’s tribal districts are known sanctuaries of Taliban and Al Qaeda militants who are fighting the country’s security forces as well as launching cross-border attacks on US-led international forces in Afghanistan.
- Six militants killed in clash with security forces in northwest Pakistan - Mar 15, 2011
- Seven militants killed in Pakistan's tribal area - Aug 01, 2012
- Pak security forces foil terror plan in Hangu, recover explosive-laden vehicle - Dec 25, 2010
- Roadside bombs kill five in Pakistan - Jan 03, 2010
- 18 killed in militant attack in Pakistan - Jul 17, 2010
- 18 militants, two soldiers killed in Pakistan (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 20, 2010
- Anti-Taliban leader killed in Pakistan car bombing - Nov 30, 2011
- Militants destroy NATO fuel tanker in Pakistan - Mar 01, 2010
- 9 securitymen, 15 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Oct 17, 2011
- Suicide blast in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Jan 12, 2011
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan - Oct 04, 2011
- Nine soldiers, 37 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- 6 injured in rocket attack at Pakistani governor's meet - Oct 11, 2011
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Roadside bombs kill six in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010