Taliban attack Afghan airportJuly 26th, 2011 - 2:04 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, July 26 (IANS) Casualties were feared after Taliban militants attacked an airport in eastern Afghanistan Monday, Xinhua reported.
The attack took place around 9.00 p.m. at Jalalabad airport in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province, 120 km east of capital city Kabul, said police officer Colonel Jahangir.
The incident happened after some armed men equipped with small arms and rocket-propelled grenades attacked the airport from its eastern and main gates. but security forces pushed them back, the official added.
The security personne, after 30-minutes of clash with insurgents, managed to bring the situation under control, he added.
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 48 killed in Kabul terror siege (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban militants attack hotel near Kabul - Jun 22, 2012
- 10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blast - Feb 27, 2012
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Dozens of suspected Afghan insurgents killed in latest NATO operations - Dec 12, 2010
- Taliban attacks NATO base in Afghanistan - Jun 30, 2010
- Female Afghan legislator survives attack - Mar 07, 2010
- Coalition forces kill 20 Taliban in Afghanistan - Aug 12, 2010
- Militants kill five civilians in Afghanistan - Nov 25, 2010
- NATO airstrike in Afghanistan kills 12 kids - May 29, 2011
- NATO says 20 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Aug 14, 2010
- 16 civilians killed in Afghanistan, ISAF says - Aug 06, 2010
- NATO blames Pakistani Taliban for Kabul attack - Sep 15, 2011
- Clashes along Thai-Cambodian border resume - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,