Take up national role, Medha Patekar urges AchuthanandanJuly 15th, 2012 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 15 (IANS) Veteran Kerala CPI-M leader V.S. Achuthanandan who has been reportedly sidelined in his party has found support in social activist Medha Patekar, who wants him to lead the Left movement at the national level.
“Currently he is a mass leader in the state and that’s not enough. He should come forward and take the reigns of the Left movement at the national level,” Patekar told reporters, Sunday.
She made this remark after meeting the leader of opposition in the Kerala assembly at his official residence in the state capital.
Achuthanandan was relegated by the majority faction in the party led by state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan, after he was not included in the party politburo at the Party Congress held at Kozhikode early this year.
And not one to loose any opportunity to hit out at his detractors, Achuthanandan has been up in arms and condemned his party and the statements of the leaders, soon after a former party colleague was brutally murdered at Kozhikode in May.
Incidentally two of his letters against Vijayan is expected to be taken up at the next party meeting to be held in Delhi later this month.
- Achuthanandan escapes with public censure - Jul 22, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- Chennithala takes potshots at CPI-M - Jan 10, 2012
- Pinarayi Vijayan re-elected to top Kerala CPI-M post - Feb 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- Media creation, says Vijayan of Achuthanandan letter - May 21, 2012
- Achuthanandan visits home of murdered Marxist - Jun 02, 2012
- Achuthanandan justifies visit to ousted CPI-M leader - Aug 05, 2011
- Achuthanandan will remain opposition leader: CPI-M - Feb 10, 2012