Tainted MP wants tickets back to claim refundApril 15th, 2008 - 10:01 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 15 (IANS) Suspended Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) parliamentarian Babubhai Katara, arrested last year in a human trafficking case, moved an application in a city court Tuesday to demand that his confiscated air tickets be returned so he could claim refund against them. Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate A.K. Kohar deferred the hearing in the matter for April 18.
Katara in his application stated that the air tickets, which the Delhi Police took away after his arrest, were no longer required for investigation and should be returned so that he could cancel these and claim refund.
He told the court that since the police had already filed a charge sheet in the case, taking away his tickets would serve no purpose.
Katara, arrested April 18 last year, is accused of procuring six passports in the name of six children who he claimed are his own.
Katara was nabbed while attempting to fly out one Paramjeet Kaur and a 15-year-old boy to Toronto against the passports of his wife and son.
Besides him, other accused in the case include Rajendra Kumar Gumpa, Kiran Dhar, Sunder Lal Yadav and travel agents Satwant and Mohammed Rasheed.
Katara, whose seven attempts to get bail have been rejected by various courts on the ground that his offence was serious as he committed it in the capacity of a member of parliament, was charge-sheeted by the police in July last year.
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Delhi HC grants bail to BJP MP in human trafficking case - May 28, 2008
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- D.P.Yadav gets warrant in Katara case witness murder bid - Apr 23, 2010
- Delhi, Uttar Pradesh get notices on Vikas Yadav's bail plea - Oct 03, 2011
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Couple held for duping NRIs, elderly - Feb 17, 2011
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Court has stayed my arrest, says Katara murder witness - Mar 13, 2010
- Can't fleece plot seekers, consumer court warns land agencies - Jul 26, 2012