‘Tainted’ Kerala politician in another scandalMarch 12th, 2008 - 8:48 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, March 12 (IANS) Senior Kerala politician P.J. Joseph, who resigned as minister in 2006 after he allegedly misbehaved with a woman on a flight, has now been accused of sexually abusing schoolboys in Mumbai. K. Sasikumar, resident of Joseph’s hometown Thodupuzha in Idukki district, has in a complaint to Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan asked for an inquiry into an incident that allegedly took place Feb 9 at the rest house of the Bhaba Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in Mumbai.
In his letter, he said that Joseph took part in a function at the BARC where students from a private school in Thodupuzha were also present as part of their study tour.
P.C. George, a five-time legislator who formerly belonged to Joseph’s Kerala Congress (Joseph), told IANS that he had forwarded Sasikumar’s complaint to Achuthanandan for further action.
“I received a reply from Achuthanandan on March 4, stating that the complaint has been forwarded to state Education Minister M.A. Baby for further action,” George said.
Baby told reporters that he had forwarded the complaint to the home ministry.
Joseph stepped down as state public works minister in August 2006 after he was alleged to have misbehaved with a woman on board a flight from Chennai to Kochi.
- Kerala minister gets bail in SMS case - Oct 22, 2011
- Court summons to Kerala minister in lewd SMS case - Sep 17, 2011
- 'Tainted' Kerala leader in yet another scandal - Mar 12, 2008
- Former Kerala minister cleared of misbehaviour charges - May 11, 2009
- Former Kerala minister cleared of sexual harassment charges (Lead) - May 11, 2009
- Probe IT appointments made by Achuthanandan: IUML - Oct 06, 2011
- Union minister's Mullaperiyar remark irks Kerala - Jan 16, 2012
- Kerala to re-induct acquitted former minister - Jul 27, 2009
- Surendran Pillai inducted into Kerala cabinet - Aug 03, 2010
- UDF fails to take stand on Kerala Congress merger - May 30, 2010
- Probe ordered into appointment of Achuthanandan's son (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Achuthanandan denies appointing son to crucial post - Jul 13, 2011
- Teacher held for inflammatory question paper - Apr 02, 2010
- Kerala assembly restates stand on Mullaperiyar Dam - Dec 09, 2011
- Tremors, movie focus attention on controversial dam (Letter from Kerala) - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: atomic research centre, barc, c george, chennai, chief minister, congress, education minister, home ministry, hometown, place feb, politician, private school, reply, rest house, scandal, schoolboys, state education, thodupuzha, time legislator, v s achuthanandan