Tagore cultural complexes scheme announcedMay 18th, 2011 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) The government has announced the details of the new Tagore cultural complexes to be built in connection with the 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
The complexes will have an auditorium or a performance space to stage Tagore plays,
dance theatres and host soirees, a statement by the ministry of culture said Tuesday.
The government funded scheme will also support renovation, upgradation and modernisation of the existing Rabindra Bhavans.
The government has revamped multi-purpose cultural complex scheme 15 years ago to include the scheme for the Tagore cultural complexes.
The modified scheme incorporates Tagore research scholars, who will be paid a monthly honorarium of Rs.50,000 against the honorarium of Rs 80,000 per month payable to Tagore
Under this category, upto 25 awards will be given in an year.
These will be in addition to 15 Tagore national fellowships to be awarded each year, the statement added.
- New Tagore complexes to come up - Dec 13, 2011
- Visva Bharati to be crown jewel in Indian academic world: PM (Roundup) - May 07, 2011
- Now, a Tagore hub in Edinburgh University - May 10, 2012
- West Bengal salutes Tagore on his birth anniversary - May 09, 2010
- Tagore culture carnival keeps capital busy - May 07, 2011
- Special train to Dhaka for Tagore anniversary celebrations - Jul 15, 2010
- Lata ushers in Tagore anniversary tribute - Aug 07, 2011
- Mamata lays foundation stone for Rabindra Museum - Aug 08, 2010
- A Festival of India set to charm Argentina - Dec 02, 2011
- Argentina remembers Tagore - Dec 12, 2011
- Mamata plans international Rabindranath Tagore Complex - Jul 16, 2011
- Two-day special UNESCO tribute to Tagore's legacy - Sep 11, 2011
- Ravi Shankar conferred first Tagore cultural harmony award - May 07, 2012
- Rich tributes to Tagore on 71st death anniversary - Aug 08, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh grant for organisations commemorating Tagore's birth - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: birth anniversary, honorarium, ministry of culture, modernisation, multi purpose, national fellows, national fellowships, New Delhi, nobel laureate, performance space, rabindra, rabindranath tagore, renovation, research scholars, rs 50, soirees, upgradation