Symonds attends net session, takes a step towards comebackSeptember 13th, 2008 - 4:32 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Sep 13 (IANS) Troubled Australian allrounder Andrew Symonds has taken first step towards “mental recovery” by attending a net session with his Queensland and Australian teammate Matthew Hayden. The Sydney Morning Herald reported that both Symonds and Hayden, who is also recovering from achilles’ problem, had a net session in Queensland Friday. The session was first for Symonds after being expelled from the team.
After the net session, Queensland coaching staff are hopeful Symonds will resume training with the state squad within a fortnight.
Symonds was expelled on disciplinary grounds following his highly publicised fishing excursion during the Bangladesh one-day series. After that he has been put on rehabilitation by Cricket Australia (CA) to come out from what was described as a troubled state of mind.
Symonds has also consulted sports psychologist Phil Jauncey, with whom he will undertake his Cricket Australia-designed rehabilitation program.
He has also been omitted from the Australian squad for the four-match Test series in India starting next month.
- Harbhajan wishes Symonds good health - Sep 13, 2008
- Symonds still not mentally fit, says sports psychologist - Nov 14, 2008
- Former conditioner says retired Hayden fit for T20 World Cup - Dec 11, 2011
- Is Hayden planning a comeback in Big Bash? - Jul 02, 2011
- History beckons both India and Australia but spotlight remains on Tendulkar - Jan 02, 2012
- Katich reprimanded for his comments on Clarke - Dec 05, 2011
- Clarke not averse to recalling Katich in Australian team - Dec 16, 2011
- Symonds''s career hangs in balance after boozy pub brawl - Nov 24, 2008
- Hussey ready for recall to Australia's World Cup squad - Mar 02, 2011
- CA to investigate widespread doctoring of pitches by Oz domestic teams - Mar 18, 2011
- Symonds, cricket's vagabond, revelling in his freelance lifestyle - Sep 30, 2009
- Hodge's lack of versatility behind World Cup snub, says Hilditch - Jan 23, 2011
- Watson could miss entire series against India - Dec 27, 2011
- Hughes opts out of Big Bash to focus on Test career - Dec 14, 2011
- Oz psychologist says Punter's mind is his best weapon against bogyman Roach - Jan 31, 2010