Swiss ambassador to visit Maharashtra villagesOctober 17th, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, Oct 17 (IANS) Swiss Ambassador Philippe Welti will visit villages in Maharashtra’s Ahmednagar district Tuesday and exchange views on adapting to climate change, an official statement said here.
Welti will visit the district with a view to have first-hand experience and appreciation of the work being undertaken by the WOTR (Watershed Organisation Trust) with the village communities, on adapting to climate change.
The occasion will be used to exchange views with the NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) and the state government at Pune, around 120 km from the Ahmednagar district headquarters, the statement said.
The climate change adaptation project, supported by the Embassy of Switzerland and the NABARD with the cooperation of the Maharashtra government, aims to empower rural communities having effectively adapted to the impact of climate change.
The project emphasises on weather-based scientific advisories for enhancing agricultural production, bio-diversity conservation, promotion of new financial instruments like weather-linked insurance, carbon neutral communities and disaster risk reduction with effective governance mechanisms.
The project is being implemented in 25 villages of Ahmednagar district.
- Himachal best state to integrate natural resources - Feb 25, 2012
- Maharashtra governor opens watershed project - Oct 13, 2010
- WIPRO computerises five cooperative banks - Jul 31, 2012
- Himachal gets Rs.171.22 crore loan for rural projects - Dec 13, 2011
- 10,000 solar water systems in Maoist-affected areas: Ramesh - May 14, 2012
- Nabard sanctions Rs.70 crore loan to Himachal - Jul 24, 2012
- Pawar again criticises Maharashtra governor - Apr 29, 2012
- Allocation for water and sanitation may go up 50 percent - Mar 10, 2012
- World Bank to give $37 mn more for Himachal watershed project - May 20, 2012
- HCC among 10 global companies for green initiative - Jun 20, 2012
- India to launch spoken web service for farmers - Jan 13, 2012
- Himachal afforestation scheme gets UN nod - Jul 17, 2011
- $170 mn World Bank loans for Rajasthan, Uttarakhand - Jan 14, 2011
- Court stays information panel's order on banks (Lead) - Dec 08, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh villagers being cautioned on climate change - Nov 16, 2009
Tags: agricultural production, ahmednagar, bio diversity, climate change, disaster risk, district headquarters, embassy of switzerland, emphasises, exchange views, governance mechanisms, hand experience, maharashtra government, maharashtra villages, nabard, new financial instruments, risk reduction, rural communities, swiss ambassador, village communities, welti