Swimmer drowns, two missing off Mumbai beachJuly 1st, 2012 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) A teenager drowned while two others were missing after they went for a swim off Juhu beach here with their friends Sunday, police said.
According to police, Zuber Hussain, 15, and his friend, Arbaaz Sayyed, 17, arrived at the beach with five other friends. While their friends were playing football, the two boys went to swim but did not return. According to their friends, they were seen struggling in the water.
Hussain’s body was found by lifeguards late Sunday.
In the other case, Aniket Ghawade, 17, went swimming with his six friends. He reportedly ventured into deep sea and was later seen drowning by his friends.
The bodies of Sayyad and Ghawade are yet to be found.
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Two kids drown at Maharashtra beach - Apr 06, 2012
- Teenager feared drowned off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Jun 24, 2011
- Three feared drowned near Juhu beach - Jul 11, 2010
- Four swimmers still missing in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri - Aug 19, 2012
- Rock Street Journal editor drowns in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- Three drown at Mumbai's Aksa Beach (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- 3 Russians saved from drowning off Goa beach - Sep 10, 2012
- Thane schoolgirl drowns in Lonavala school pool - Jun 04, 2012
- Two teens drown off Mumbai's Juhu Beach - Jun 14, 2010
- Six drown in western Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Three engineering students drown in Arabian Sea - Jun 10, 2012
- Grounded ship attracts crowds in Mumbai - Jun 19, 2011
- Russian woman rescued from drowning in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Two teenagers drown at Mumbai's Bandra seaface - Jul 19, 2010