Sweden to hold Nobel quiz in BangaloreSeptember 1st, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 1 (IANS) The first qualifying round of the Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2011 will be held in this tech hub Sep 10, the Swedish embassy said Thursday.
Being organised by the embassy in partnership with leading Swedish firms operating in India during the upcoming Nobel Memorial Week, the inter-collegiate quiz contest will celebrate the spirit and contribution of Alfred Nobel, the Swedish innovator, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
“The quiz will bring together undergraduate and post-graduate students from colleges and institutes in the city. Winners of the Bangalore round will represent the city at the grand finale to be held October 15 at IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) in New Delhi,” the embassy said in a statement.
National winners from the final will fly to Sweden to visit the Nobel museum, partner firms and universities later this year.
Noted quiz master Adittya Nath Mubayi will conduct the competition.
Other qualifying rounds will be held in Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune in the second week of October.
“The theme for the quiz is ‘Innovation and Creativity’, in the memory of Nobel,” the embassy statement added.
Among the Swedish firms partnering for the event are ABB, Alfa Laval, Atlas Copco (India), Ericsson, SAAB, Sandvik Asia Ltd, Swiss International Air Lines, Tetra Pak and Volvo.
- Swedish embassy to hold photography competition - Jun 18, 2012
- Impressed by Aakash, Swedish minister to meet Datawind CEO - Oct 18, 2011
- Nobel Memorial Week strengthens Sweden-India ties - Oct 11, 2008
- Nobel Memorial Week begins in capital - Oct 22, 2010
- Nobel menu card show comes to capital - Oct 13, 2011
- Now a table to perform virtual autopsies - Oct 21, 2011
- St. Joseph's students sweep varsity quiz contest - Jul 21, 2011
- Atlas Copco to delist from Indian bourses - Mar 02, 2011
- Swedish foreign minister in India - Oct 18, 2011
- Swedish firms to raise investment, tap new sectors - Dec 05, 2011
- Sweden to open consulate-general in Mumbai next year - Oct 19, 2011
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Swedish ex-envoy to head defence firm Saab in India - Aug 29, 2012
- India, Sweden to boost bilateral ties in healthcare - Jan 22, 2010
- India offers Yoga, generic drugs to Sweden - Jan 31, 2010