Sweden most innovative European Union countryFebruary 15th, 2008 - 5:35 pm ICT by admin
Brussels, Feb 15 (Xinhua) Sweden is the most innovative country in the European Union (EU), according to a study. Sweden’s innovation performance was way above the US, Canada and Japan, according to the European Innovation Scoreboard 2007, a study commissioned by the European Commission, whose results were released Thursday.
The overall innovation performance is calculated on the basis of 25 indicators covering five dimensions of innovation.
Finland, Denmark, Germany and Britain are also ahead of the US in innovation. These EU member states, together with the US, Switzerland, Israel and Japan, are the world’s innovation leaders, with scores well above the EU average.
Luxembourg, Iceland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Austria, France, Belgium are the innovation followers, with scores below those of the innovation leaders but equal to or above the EU average.
Australia, Estonia, Slovenia, Norway, the Czech Republic, Italy, Cyprus and Spain are the moderate innovators with scores below that of the EU average.
Malta, Lithuania, Hungary, Greece, Slovakia, Poland, Croatia, Bulgaria, Portugal, Latvia and Romania are further behind.
Turkey is the least innovative country among those surveyed.
The scoreboard was prepared by the Maastricht Economic and Social Research and Training Center on Innovation and Technology (MERIT) assisted by the joint research center of the European Commission.
- EU to introduce streamlined Schengen visa system - Mar 30, 2010
- EU's retail trade rate decreases by .2 percent - Nov 05, 2010
- Italy wishes NATO-led military operation in Libya - Mar 21, 2011
- Obama, Manmohan to work together to boost global economy (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- England's dream Euro 2012 draw makes them 1-10 bookie favourites - Feb 08, 2010
- France loses 3A-rating from S&P; - Jan 14, 2012
- Football friendlies: Argentina beat Germany, Brazil thrash Sweden - Aug 16, 2012
- Final medal table at 2012 London Olympic Games - Aug 13, 2012
- England qualify for Euro 2012, Portugal a step away - Oct 08, 2011
- New iPad to go on sale Friday: Apple - Mar 15, 2012
- S&P; places EU, big European banks on negative watch - Dec 08, 2011
- Euro area inflation jumps to 2.7 percent in March - Apr 15, 2011
- EU unemployment rate reaches 14-year high - Apr 02, 2012
- Germany calls for European rating agencies after S&P; downgrade - Jan 16, 2012
- England and Spain ease into finals, relief for Portugal - Sep 10, 2009