‘Swagatam’, as children paint hennaed palms to Hariharan songOctober 3rd, 2010 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 3 (IANS) It was a warm welcome at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony here Sunday as children, standing under white sheets, splashed colour and two pairs of hennaed palms showed up!
Singer Hariharan, dressed in a white salwar-kurta, rose at the centre of the hands on the central dias of the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here.
Clad in white, the children arranged themselves to show the opening of palms. They splashed colour on huge white sheets, making it appear like traditional Indian mehendi patterns on the hand, complete with red bangles!
As Hariharan sang, relaying a message of communal harmony and peace, the children formed the national flag pattern in saffron, white and green costumes.
Simultaneously, words of welcome in 18 major Indian languages were projected on the aerostat that floated above magnificently.
- Colour and spectacle as Commonwealth Games open (Second Lead) - Oct 03, 2010
- 19th Commonwealth Games begin, marking the India moment (Roundup) - Oct 04, 2010
- Shop till you drop in Kolkata! It's Durga Puja time - Oct 11, 2010
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail plea order after 2.30 p.m. (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Surajkund fair wows Mexican Miss Universe (Lead, With Images) - Feb 03, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar in custody after bail denied (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Kanimozhi's bail plea order after 1 p.m. - May 20, 2011
- Miss Universe visits Surajkund crafts fair - Feb 03, 2011
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Pak women never compromise on attire shopping during Eidul Azha - Nov 17, 2010
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail plea order after 1 p.m. (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- After SMSes, Tamil Nadu women see red in mehendi - Aug 20, 2012
- A collection inspired by Lord Krishna (With Image) - Jun 19, 2011
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Special menus in Mumbai hotels for Republic Day - Jan 24, 2012
Tags: aerostat, bangles, commonwealth games opening ceremony, communal harmony, costumes, dias, flag pattern, indian languages, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru stadium, mehendi patterns, national flag, New Delhi, palms, peace, saffron, salwar kurta, singer hariharan, two pairs, warm welcome