Suzuki Motorcycles suspend 3 union leaders in GurgaonMarch 23rd, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon (Haryana), March 23 (IANS) Tension gripped Suzuki Motorcycles India Private Limited (SMIPL), an ancillary unit of Maruti Suzuki in Haryana’s Gurgaon, as the company suspended three union leaders Friday.
Suzuki suspended and banned the entry of three employees: Suzuki Motorcycles Employees Union (SMEU) vice president Praminder Kumar, General Secretary Avinash Kumar and Secretary Gulshan Kumar were asked to stay away from the company premises. A copy of the order was pasted on the maingate of the company at Kherki Daula here.
Suzuki’s Vice President (HR), Anil Munjal said they had taken disciplinary action against the suspended workers, who he alleged had indulged in a brawl with senior officers of the company.
On the other hand, Union secretary Gambhir Singh told IANS that the company management did not want incentives to be given to employees and that’s why they were spoiling the working atmosphere at the plant.
Singh said: “At the meeting on Sep 12 last year, we were told that we would get our incentives in a maximum six months’ time. On Wednesday, when we took up the matter with Vice President (HR), he started abusing us.”
A police force was deployed at the plant on a complaint by the administration. “On the complaint of the management, we have deployed forces in the company premises,” said a police official.
Meanwhile, union leaders from Maruti Suzuki, Hero Moto Corp (earlier known as Hero Honda) and Powertrain India were busy in resolving the issue with the company management and officers from the labour department.
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Restore terminated Maruti workers: Trade unions - Aug 17, 2012
- Sacked Maruti workers mull strategy with trade unions - Aug 31, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki strike off as most suspended staff re-instated - Oct 21, 2011
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti strike continues for sixth day, production hit - Oct 12, 2011
- Maruti strike continues for fifth day, production hit - Oct 11, 2011
- Maruti strike spreads to other automobile plants (Second lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Talks to start Monday to resolve Maruti strike - Oct 15, 2011
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Maruti violence may be planned: cops - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Police did not intervene in July 18 violence' - Jul 31, 2012
- Day 13 of Maruti workers strike - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: anil, avinash, company management, company premises, disciplinary action, gambhir, general secretary, gulshan kumar, hero honda, incentives, labour department, maruti suzuki, munjal, police force, police official, powertrain, suzuki motorcycles, union leaders, vice president hr, working atmosphere