Suspicious man stabs wife to deathApril 25th, 2008 - 7:41 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) A 32-year-old man was arrested Thursday for allegedly slitting his wife’s throat after suspecting she had illicit relations with one of his co-workers. He also tried to stab his seven-year-old daughter to death to conceal the crime, the police said. The incident occurred THursday afternoon when the man Raju, called the police to inform that his wife Mamta, 25, had been murdered and his daughter Neelam was lying in a pool of blood in their Najafgarh home. His two-and-a-half-year-old son was unharmed.
Raju reported cash worth Rs. 20,000 was also missing.
The police said during investigations, several contradictions were found in his statement and he was immediately detained.
“A search of the house revealed no signs of ransacking, as jewellery was lying untouched in the cupboard. Raju was interrogated intensively and he confessed to killing his wife over her ‘illicit relations’ with his co-worker Pappu,” said a senior police officer.
“Raju said he stabbed his daughter, who had seen him murdering Mamta, to hide his crime,” the official added.
- Husband, wife arrested for murder - Jun 22, 2011
- Retired banker found murdered in Kanpur - Apr 16, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Michigan man stabs Chrysler Group co-worker to death before killing self - Sep 22, 2012
- Man kills friend to continue illicit relationship - Sep 10, 2012
- British policeman kills wife, girl after sack - Dec 10, 2011
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Mystery surrounds murder of Uttar Pradesh BJP leader's wife - Jul 31, 2010
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
- Family of five held for killing minor - Aug 02, 2011
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012