Suspense over Kumble playing at Mohali continuesOctober 16th, 2008 - 12:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Oct 16 (IANS) The suspense over the fitness of Indian cricket team captain Anil Kumble continued Thursday, a day before the second Test match of the Border-Gavaskar trophy between India and Australia begins Friday at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) stadium here.Kumble, who was at the nets with the team here Wednesday afternoon, did not do much bowling though he was seen practising with other teammates. He also did some batting and fielding practice.
Coach Gary Kirsten too did not seem sure whether Kumble, the highest wicket-taker in India and the third highest in the world with over 600 wickets in his kitty, would be fit to play Friday.
“We are monitoring his progress. He has some pain (in the shoulder). He is a warrior and would surely want to play,” Kirsten said.
Kumble, who has looked upset in recent days after speculation that he would announce his retirement, did not say anything himself to the media here.
Kumble had an injured shoulder on his bowling arm during the first Test at Bangalore. The bowler did not look in good bowling form during the match at his home ground Bangalore.
- Harbhajan Singh signs for Essex - Jul 03, 2012
- Anil Kumble pulls out of IPL auction - Jan 04, 2011
- West Indies team lacks consistency and confidence, says Walsh - Jun 21, 2011
- Australia trail India by 12 runs at stumps - Jan 13, 2012
- Muralitharan does not deserve 'highest wicket-taker' record, Warne does: Emerson - Jul 08, 2010
- Zaheer is world's best medium pacer: Kirsten - Apr 05, 2011
- Former India fast bowler Surendranath dead - May 05, 2012
- Emotional Kirsten bids adieu to Indian cricket (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- It will be India's batting vs Pakistan's bowling (Preview) - Mar 29, 2011
- Kirsten and his merry men did India proud (Lead) - Apr 03, 2011
- Bowling wicket-to-wicket was the key: Sammy - Nov 07, 2011
- I will take final call on my availability Friday: Kumble (Lead) - Oct 16, 2008
- ICC should thoroughly probe spot-fixing scandal: Ponting - Sep 21, 2010
- Muralitharan, Mathews battling to be fit for final (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Vaas, Randiv flying in as covers for Murali and Mathews (Second Lead) - Mar 31, 2011