Suspended MPs block parliament entranceApril 26th, 2012 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) The eight Congress MPs suspended from the Lok Sabha by their party for disrupting the House over the Telangana issue blocked the main entrance of parliament for nearly half an hour Thursday.
Ponnam Prabhakar, Madhu Yaskhi Goud, M. Jagannath, K.R.G. Reddy, G. Viveknanda, Balram Naik, Sukender Reddy Gutha and S. Rajaiah sat on the steps of the Parliament House just before the day’s sitting began at 11 a.m. Other MPs were thus forced to use other gates to enter the building.
The MPs held placards which read “Honour Your commitment, Give separate Telangana state” and “Fulfil your commitment, Honour Telangana sentiment”, and raised slogans supporting their demands.
They also appealed for peace in Andhra Pradesh saying that a Telangana would be created soon.
“I appeal to students not to commit suicide because Telangana will be created soon. They should realise their dreams,” Jagannath said.
The MPs had Wednesday too staged a protest in the Parliament House complex.
- Suspended Congress MPs hold protest - Apr 25, 2012
- Stormy start to parliament, 8 Congress MPs suspended (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2012
- Congress moves to suspend eight MPs from Lok Sabha (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Speaker rejects resignation of 12 Telangana MPs - Nov 15, 2011
- MPs responsible for consequences of returning gunmen: DGP - Oct 20, 2011
- MP sent to jail, 3,000 held for rail blockade in Telangana - Oct 16, 2011
- Telangana Congress leaders launch 48-hour fast - Jul 13, 2011
- Congress leader begins indefinite fast for Telangana - Nov 01, 2011
- Telangana Congress MPs to surrender guards - Oct 19, 2011
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, disrupt Lok Sabha (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Telangana MP sent to jail - Oct 16, 2011
- Congress' Telangana MPs sport black bands in Lok Sabha - Mar 04, 2011
- Congress MPs from Telangana disrupt Lok Sabha (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Congress MPs raise Telangana issue in Lok Sabha - Feb 22, 2011
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, Lok Sabha disrupted (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: congress, g reddy, gates, goud, half an hour, honour, jagannath, Lok Sabha, madhu, main entrance, naik, New Delhi, parliament, parliament house, placards, prabhakar, protest, sentiment, slogans, suicide