Suspecting affair, husband kills wife in NoidaJune 17th, 2009 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, June 17 (IANS) A 34-year-old woman was stabbed to death by her husband here Wednesday as he suspected her of having an affair with another man, police said.
The incident occurred around 4 a.m. Wednesday in Chalera Village in Sector-44 Noida, police said.
Mahaveer, 36, suspected his wife Rekha of having illicit relations with another man who lived in the same locality. An argument broke out between Mahaveer and Rekha and the husband stabbed Rekha to death in a fit of rage, police added.
When the neighbours heard the screams of the woman, they rushed to the spot and informed police about the incident.
Rekha’s eldest daughter, who is 15 years old, rushed her to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead, police said. The couple had four children.
“The body has been sent for post mortem examination and Mahaveer has been arrested,” a police officer said.
- Man kills wife over suspected infidelity - May 29, 2010
- Husband held for killing wife in Noida - Oct 20, 2010
- Lahore sees an upsurge in "honour killings" - Sep 16, 2010
- Capital rage again - man killed after dispute in shop - Jan 12, 2011
- US woman kills husband over porn video - Sep 11, 2010
- Wife, paramour held for killing husband - Mar 30, 2011
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Man arrested for killing woman in Delhi - Nov 04, 2011
- Ex-lover kills woman after discovering her affair with cop - Oct 06, 2010
- Elderly woman found killed in Delhi - May 04, 2012
- Husband stabs wife after quarrel - Jan 05, 2011
- Man murdered for harassing newly-wed woman - Jul 14, 2012
- Italian dies after wife stabs him in genitals - May 16, 2012