Suspected serial killer on the prowl in JalgaonMay 30th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) It seems the ’stone man’ of the late 1980’s in Mumbai is now haunting the streets of Jalgaon district in northeastern Maharashtra. Three people have been killed one after another stoned to death this week, said an official from the Jalgaon city police station.
The police are suspecting a “serial killer” behind all these killings.
According to the official: “The criminal or criminals’ modus operandi is very simple. The victim’s head is crushed with a single stone.”
He said two out of the three victims were beggars and their identity could not be ascertained.
According to the police, the first murder took place last Friday night. The deceased has been identified as Subhash Ramchand Dutta (60).
A similar incident took place in the early hours of next morning in the same vicinity. “The third incident took place Friday morning,” he said.
- CPI-M leader shot dead in West Midnapore - Jan 22, 2011
- Robbers decamp with Rs.8 lakh in daring bank heist - Apr 11, 2011
- Violence erupts after truck runs over a child in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Bikers crush two people in Delhi - Mar 22, 2011
- 'Psycho-killer' held for three murders - May 21, 2011
- Haryana cop commits suicide - Apr 05, 2011
- Tikku killer accused of other murders along with wife - Apr 18, 2012
- Landslide kills three in Assam - Jun 22, 2012
- President inaugurates Jalgaon airport - Mar 23, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Court official's house burgled, furniture burnt - May 30, 2010
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Three men beaten to death in Maharashtra - May 09, 2012
- Chariot crushes 75-year-old to death - Feb 24, 2011