Suspected Maoists kill two tribal youth in AndhraNovember 27th, 2011 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 27 (IANS) Accusing them of being police spies, suspected Maoists killed two tribal youth in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam district Sunday, police said.
Police said Maoists kidnapped the two youth and hacked them to death early Sunday.
The incident took place in Kampumanapakala village in Visakhapatnam district, about 600 km from here.
The deceased, identified as D. Sivaprakash Koti, 35, and T. Bojjibabu, 25, were reportedly providing information to police about the movement of Maoists.
The killings took place amid an high alert sounded by police following the killing of Maoist leader Kishenji in West Bengal Thursday.
Police, especially the elite anti-Maoist force Greyhounds, have intensified combing operations in the north coastal Andhra Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and Vijayanagaram districts bordering Orissa.
Mallojula Koteswara Rao alias Kishenji, who was number three in CPI-Maoist, was gunned down by security forces Thursday in West Midnapore in West Bengal.
Kishenji’s last rites were performed Sunday in his home town of Peddapalli in Karimnagar district of Telangana region.
- Andhra on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- Kishenji's home town observes shut-down - Nov 26, 2011
- CPI-Maoist calls shutdown to protest Kishenji killing - Nov 27, 2011
- Congress MP, hundreds attend Kishenji cremation - Nov 27, 2011
- Kishenji's family wants his body for last rites - Nov 25, 2011
- Andhra ready to help Bengal in tackling Maoists - Oct 20, 2011
- Kishanji's ailing mother breaks down (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- States on high alert after Kishanji killing (Roundup) - Nov 25, 2011
- Andhra police forcibly shift Kishenji's body to home town - Nov 26, 2011
- Maoist-called shutdown hits life in Chhattisgarh - Dec 04, 2011
- Kishenji eliminated in Didi's regime - an irony? (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 27, 2011
- Cream of Maoist movement hails from Andhra - Nov 25, 2011
- Greyhounds hunt for top Maoists in Visakhapatnam forests - Dec 18, 2010
- Elimination of Kishenji not planned, just happened: Mamata - Mar 09, 2012
- CID begins probe into Kishenji's death - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: alias, andhra pradesh, CPI, deceased, greyhounds, hyderabad, killings, koti, last rites, maoist, maoists, midnapore, orissa, rao, security forces, spies, srikakulam, tribal youth, visakhapatnam, west bengal