Suspected Maoists kill two in BengalSeptember 26th, 2011 - 12:55 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 25 (IANS) Suspected Maoists killed two people, including a political activist, in West Bengal’s West Midnapore district Sunday night, police said.
The guerillas shot dead a popular political activist in the Dohijuri area and then left an unidentified body with its limbs tied up outside the Binpur hospital.
Babu Bose, leader of Jharkhand Party Samanway Mancha, was talking to some of his associates near Dahijuri when three motorcycle-borne assailants pumped bullets into him.
“We feel it is the handiwork of the Maoists as no other organisation there has the network to carry out such attacks. The Maoist guerrillas have been regrouping and re-establishing their base in the area for quite some time,” district Superintendent of Police Pravin Tripathi told IANS over phone.
Bose was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
A short while after Bose’s murder, the body of an unidentified man was found outside the binpur hospital.
“There were bullet injuries in the body. The victim’s hands and legs were tied up. Maoists are the prime suspects,” said a police officer.
Since late August, the left wing ultras have killed four people. The previous two victims were activists of the ruling Trinamool Congress.
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister's house, kill guard - May 17, 2012
- One killed by suspected Maoists - May 03, 2010
- One injured in Maoist firing in Bengal - Nov 07, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh minister's house, kill guard (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Body of CPI-M activist found - Nov 21, 2010
- Four cops injured in West Bengal landmine blast - Dec 22, 2009
- Maoists kill three CPI-M activists (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Maoists gun down two, try to blast railway station - Dec 11, 2010
- Maoists kill 'police informer' in West Bengal - Sep 14, 2010
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Pakistani school teacher gunned down in Quetta (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Pro-Maoist activist killed in Bengal - Dec 20, 2010
- Bank official abducted in Meghalaya - Feb 24, 2012
- Maoists kill three in Chhattisgarh - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: assailants, bose, district superintendent, guerillas, handiwork, late august, left wing, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoists, midnapore district, political activist, pravin, prime suspects, quite some time, tripathi, ultras, unidentified body, unidentified man, west bengal