Suspected Maoists kill Chhattisgarh officialJune 21st, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 21 (IANS) Suspected Maoist guerrillas have shot dead a senior divisional officer of the Chhattisgarh government in Bijapur district after he was abducted, an official statement said Sunday.
The bullet-ridden body of M.D. Gandhi, the sub-divisional officer with water resource department, was found Sunday in a forested area in the district, the statement said.
Gandhi was adducted at gun point by Maoists Saturday while he was on way to Bhopalpatnam area on a motorcycle.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has condemned the killing and described it as “an inhuman act of Maoists”.
- Two Maoists killed Chhattisgarh gunbattle (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Eight in Maoist captivity in Chhattisgarh - Oct 25, 2010
- Nine Chhattisgarh policemen killed in Maoist ambush (Second Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Deadline for abducted Chhattisgarh cops ends (Second Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Chhattisgarh cops release likely as deadline reportedly extended (Third Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Police intensify search for abducted Chhattisgarh cops (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Jungle search intensified for abducted Chhattisgarh cops - Sep 27, 2010
- Chhattisgarh renews efforts to find abducted cops - Sep 25, 2010
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Fourth Lead, With Image) - Apr 21, 2012
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh MLA's convoy, three killed (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Abducted cops: Chhattigarh holds 'secret' talks with Maoists - Sep 28, 2010
- Chhattisgarh tribal boy flees from Maoist captivity - Mar 31, 2012
- Maoists kill four persons in West Bengal (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Armed Maoists receive interlocutors in Chhattisgarh jungle (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012