Suspected Indian Mujahideen member arrestedJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 3 (IANS) A youth suspected to be a member of the Indian Mujahideen terrorist outfit and of involvement in the Sep 13 serial bombings in New Delhi has been arrested by the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), the police said Saturday.Though the arrest was made in Lucknow Friday evening, the police officially confirmed the arrest only Saturday.
“The youth identified as Hakim was arrested Friday evening from the Gudamba locality in Lucknow,” Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal told reporters here.
Hakim was wanted for his involvement in the Delhi bombing, he added.
According to ATS sources, Hakim is also believed to be involved in last year’s bomb blasts in Gujarat and Mumbai.
Hakim, who belongs to the Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh, was arrested when he came to Lucknow to appear in an examination of an engineering institute, the police said.
“Hakim will now be produced in court where the officials of Delhi Police, who are already in Lucknow, will apply for transit remand,” a senior ATS official said.
- Delhi Police get transit remand of terror suspect (Lead) - Jan 03, 2009
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist handed over to Delhi Police (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2010
- Terrorist wanted in Delhi blasts arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 01, 2010
- Delhi court blast suspect arrested in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 06, 2010
- Shahzad Ahmad had planned to target educational institutes - Feb 02, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen terrorist arrested in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 06, 2010
- Court grants custody of Indian Mujahideen suspect to police - Jan 05, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh's ATS nabs Delhi serial blast and Batla House encounter accused - Feb 02, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh's ATS nabs Delhi serial blasts accused - Mar 06, 2010
- Court sends Indian Mujahideen terrorist to 10-day police custody - Jan 05, 2009
- Mayawati orders arrest of party leader - Jun 19, 2011
- Man caught for terror blasts sent to police custody - Mar 07, 2010
- India Mujahideen terrorist arrested from UP - May 14, 2012
- Delhi bombing suspect sent to jail - Jan 15, 2009