Sushil, Vijender richer by half a millionSeptember 8th, 2008 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 8 (IANS) India’s Olympics bronze medallists, wrestler Sushil Kumar and boxer Vijender Kumar, were both richer by half a million rupees Monday.The cash prize was handed over to the duo during a felicitation in the city. They were also presented a shawl and a memento each during the function organised by their sponsors R.K. Global Shares and Securities Limited.
R.K. Global’s CEO Amit Bhagchandka said: “It is a privilege to have such shining sportspersons among us. We will monitor their preparations and help them in whatever way we can.”
Sushil’s coach Satpal was also presented a shawl.
Vijender finished finished third in the Middleweight (75 kg) category at the Beijing Olympic Games, where Sushil also clinched the bronze in 66-kg freestyle.
- 76 Indians qualify for Olympics, more likely - Jun 12, 2012
- Haryana Police to give Rs. 51 lakh to Yogeshwar Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- India hails Olympic silver medallist Sushil Kumar - Aug 12, 2012
- Emami makes Gambhir, Vijender its brand ambassadors - Jun 04, 2012
- Haryana doubles cash rewards for Rio - Aug 26, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Sushil Kumar enters quarters - Aug 12, 2012
- Khatri, Alka to lead India's charge at Asian Wrestling - Apr 28, 2011
- Indian boxers look to make a mark at the grandest stage (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sushil Kumar should have got Padma award: Coach - Jan 29, 2010
- Olympics: Sushil secures silver on concluding day (India Roundup) - Aug 12, 2012
- Olympics: Indian contingent greeted with huge cheers - Jul 28, 2012
- CWG wrestling: Sushil Kumar wins Freestyle gold - Oct 10, 2010
- Sushil Kumar felicitated in Chandni Chowk - Sep 01, 2012
- We have to adapt to changing styles of wrestling: Sushil Kumar (Interview) - Apr 28, 2012
- India's Beijing Olympic stars among six CWG brand ambassadors - Jul 27, 2010