Surya Roshni to set up cement mill, steel pipe plantJanuary 21st, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 21 (IANS) Lighting products manufacturer Surya Roshni plans to invest Rs.15 billion (Rs.1,500 crore) for setting up a cement mill and a steel pipe plant in Gujarat and foraying into the street light segment, a senior official said here Wednesday.”We are mulling a cement plant in the Kutch region in Gujarat at an outlay of Rs.10 billion. Also, we have signed a memorandum of understanding with the Gujarat government for setting up a steel pipe plant at an outlay of Rs.4 billion,” company’s chairman and managing director Jaiprakash Agarwal told reporters.
He said the cement project will be executed by Surya Global Cement Ltd and the steel pipe project by Surya Global Ltd. Both firms are 51 percent subsidiaries of Surya Roshni.
Agarwal said Surya Roshni will foray into the high mast and street light segment with metal halide and sodium vapour lamps with an investment of Rs.1 billion. The products will be manufactured at its Gwalior plant in Madhya Pradesh.
On the production of compact fluorescent lamps (CFL), he said: “We will be increasing our production of CFL by one million pieces to three million pieces per month in a year and later to five million pieces.”
- Surya Roshni's Karnataka facility to begin production this fiscal - Jul 14, 2010
- Surya Roshni mulls investment in south India - Oct 28, 2009
- Surya to set up two more pipe units - Sep 04, 2009
- Surya's Gwalior unit to start production from April - Jan 14, 2010
- Bajaj Electricals eyes diversification, acquisitions - Feb 08, 2010
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Orchid Chemicals to invest Rs.200 crore this fiscal - Jul 29, 2011
- For rural homes, a lamp that's also a stove! (With Image) - Feb 14, 2011
- Japanese steelmaker to build plant in central Mexico - Aug 08, 2012
- Adhunik Metaliks' arm plans IPO - Feb 11, 2010
- India to launch 16 new nuclear reactors - Jun 01, 2012
- Jaypee Group to invest Rs.33,000 crore in Gujarat - Jan 15, 2011
- Essar Group doubles steel capacity at Hazira, Gujarat - Feb 24, 2012
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Once bitten, Karnataka not shy to woo investors again - Jun 06, 2012