Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda bail plea to be heard next weekMarch 26th, 2008 - 8:24 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) A city court Wednesday deferred by five days the hearing on the bail plea of arms dealer Suresh Nanda and his son Sanjeev, arrested for allegedly trying to bribe an income tax official. Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge I.K. Kochhar will now hear the bail plea March 31. The CBI also submitted its objections to the bail applications after the court last week asked the CBI for it.
The Nandas are in judicial custody till March 28 as is their chartered accountant Bipin Shah and Income Tax Deputy Director Ashutosh Verma.
The four had allegedly assembled in a hotel room to negotiate the bribe amount to be paid to Verma. CBI sources earlier told IANS that Verma, an Indian Revenue Service officer of the 1999 batch, had struck a deal for Rs.100 million.
Sanjeev Nanda finds himself in Tihar jail for the second time. He has also been accused of mowing down six people in the capital in 1999 with his BMW car.
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Mar 28, 2008
- CBI opposes bail plea of arms dealer Nanda, son - Apr 04, 2008
- Arms dealer Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda, son sent to judicial custody - Apr 11, 2008
- Arms dealer Suresh Nanda's bail plea rejected - Apr 05, 2008
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda sent to Tihar for 14 days - Mar 14, 2008
- BMW case: SC frees three convicted for proof tampering - Aug 01, 2012
- Arms dealer Nanda's bail plea decision Friday - Mar 31, 2008
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay - Jan 11, 2012
- Suresh, Sanjeev Nanda judicial custody extended by 14 days - Apr 25, 2008
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- BMW case: Apex court chides police for delay (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Court allows arms dealer Nanda to go abroad - Sep 21, 2011
- Notice to CBI over arms dealer Nanda's bail plea - Apr 10, 2008
- Delhi High Court issues notice to CBI on arms deal - Apr 11, 2008