Suraj Jagan sings first Gujrati rock song (With Image)June 14th, 2012 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) Singer Suraj Jagan, known for giving hit songs like “Give me some sunshine”, “Sadka kiya” and “Aafaton ke parinde”, has sung the first ever Gujarati rock song, titled “Pankhida”, for the Gujarati movie “Kevi Rite Jaish”.
“The song ‘Pankhida’ is actually based on a very old Gujarati folk song. It starts with the Gujrati beat and then it gets into the rock mood. The chorus has parts of the folk song but rest of the song is completely new. The melody is similar as the folk song but the treatment is rock,” Suraj told IANS.
“I love singing in different languages. With the language I did not have much of a problem but while recording they wanted me to say English words like America, burger pizza with a Gujrati ascent which was a little difficult,” said the 45-year-old.
Directed by Abhishek Jain and produced by Nayan Jain, “Kevi Rite Jaish” will release Friday.
It is not the first time that the singer has sung in a different language. Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi and Bengali are some of the languages he has sung in.
One of the pioneers of the Indian rock scene, the singer has leant voice to more than 200 jingles including the “You & I in this beautiful world” of Hutch.
Mehul Surti has composed music for the film and the lyrics have been penned by Raeesh Maniar.
“It was fantastic working with a young team. It is always great to work with young people. They are very enthusiastic, have fresh ideas and the energy is great,” he said.
- Rockers are treated like orphans: Suraj Jagan (With Image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Proving yourself biggest challenge: Suraj Jagan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 24, 2012
- 'I Hate Luv Storys' offers impressive love songs (IANS Music Review) - May 28, 2010
- Rustic flavour in 'Ishaqzaade' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Apr 15, 2012
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' perfect rendition of melody, trance (Tamil Film Music Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- Ghazal loses its soulful king in Jagjit Singh (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- I'm tired of singing film songs: Asha Bhosle (Interview) - Nov 05, 2010
- Bharadwaj offers variety in '7 Khoon Maaf' album (IANS Music Review) - Jan 29, 2011
- Fans, family, friends bid adieu to Jagjit Singh - Oct 11, 2011
- Edgy, quirky music in Anurag Kashyap's 'Shaitan' (IANS Music Review) - May 24, 2011
- 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan's music interplay of folk and fun (IANS Music Review) - Aug 12, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is clear winner in 'Delhi Belly' album (IANS Music Review) - May 29, 2011
- Jagjit Singh passes away - Oct 10, 2011
- Pritam at creative best in 'Mausam' (IANS Music Review) - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Dilli' from 'No One Killed Jessica' is a winner (IANS Music Review) - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: amp, ascent, beautiful world, bengali, different languages, folk song, hit songs, jagan, jain, jingles, june 14, kiya, marathi, melody, New Delhi, one of the pioneers, pizza, suraj, surti, tamil telugu