Supreme Court to hear Sachan death case FridayJuly 7th, 2011 - 2:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) The Supreme Court will Friday hear a petition seeking a probe into the death of Lucknow deputy chief medical officer Y.S. Sachan, who allegedly committed suicide while he was in jail.
An apex court bench of Justice Altamas Kabir and Justice Cyriac Joseph asked counsel Kamini Jaiswal, appearing for Sachan’s family, to route her petition through the court registry.
Y.S. Sachan, the prime accused in chief medical officer B.P. Singh’s murder, was found dead in mysterious circumstances inside the Lucknow district jail toilet June 22.
Sachan’s family - his brother, wife Malti and his son - moved the Supreme Court claiming that the state government was bent upon treating Sachan’s death as a suicide.
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court - Jul 07, 2011
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Lucknow jail death: Apex court favours independent probe (Lead) - Jul 08, 2011
- Lucknow custodial death: Supreme Court favours independent probe - Jul 08, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Court verdict on CBI probe into doctor's murder July 14 - Jul 12, 2011
- Mayawati orders CBI probe into medical officer's death (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Doctor's death: Murder case filed on family's plea - Jun 26, 2011
- Court rejects plea for CBI probe; Doctor cremated (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2011
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- Lucknow ex-medical officer gets bail in jail death case - Aug 29, 2011
- Dead medical officer's kin demands CBI probe, opposition cries foul - Jun 23, 2011
- Five suspended for medical officer's death in jail (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- Register murder case, demands Uttar Pradesh doctor's wife (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, b p singh, brother, court bench, court registry, death case, district jail, jaiswal, kabir, lucknow district, malti, medical officer, mysterious circumstances, New Delhi, petition, state government, suicide, supreme court, toilet