Supreme Court to hear regulator’s plea on Satyam Rajus TuesdayFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) The Supreme Court will Tuesday hear a petition filed by the market regulator seeking permission to interrogate B. Ramalinga Raju, former chairman of the fraud-hit Satyam Computer Services, and his brother B. Rama Raju. Solicitor General G.E. Vahanvati filed the request at the apex court on behalf of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) toallow it to quiz the Raju brothers for their role in the country’s “most serious financial scam in the corporate history”.
A bench headed by Chief Justice K.G. Balakrishnan assured Vahanvati that it will hear the law suit Tuesday.
The regulator earlier moved the Andhra Pradesh High Court for permission to question the Raju brothers in the Rs.70-billion (Rs.7,000-crore/$1.43-billion) accounting fraud.
However, the high court Jan 30 adjourned the hearing on SEBI’s petition to Feb 9.
- SEBI to interrogate Satyam Rajus again - Feb 09, 2009
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam - Mar 22, 2011
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Court adjourns hearing on SEBI plea on Satyam fraud - Jan 29, 2009
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Supreme Court to hear SEBI''s plea - Feb 03, 2009
- Satyam officials issued notices as CBI drags case - Sep 19, 2011
- Hearing on Raju's bail petition adjourned to Friday - Jan 12, 2009
- Hearing on SEBI plea to quiz Rajus adjourned to Feb 9 - Jan 30, 2009
- Why not cancel bail, apex court asks Satyam scam accused - Aug 30, 2010
- Market regulator grills Raju brothers in jail (Lead) - Feb 04, 2009
- Satyam scam: Court dismisses discharge plea of nine accused - Oct 25, 2010
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Regulator's wait to question Rajus continues (Lead) - Jan 30, 2009