Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay DuttJuly 4th, 2011 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 4 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday rejected a petition filed by film producer Shakeel Noorani seeking cancellation of bail granted to Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt in the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts case.
An apex court bench of Justice P. Sathasivam and Justice B.S. Chauhan rejected the plea which said that Dutt was misusing his liberty and issuing threats to Noorani to withdraw a case against him claiming damages.
Noorani had moved the Bombay High Court seeking damages from Sanjay Dutt for jeopardising his film project by not giving dates for the shooting of the film.
Sanjay Dutt was granted bail by the apex court after it stayed his conviction and sentencing in Mumbai serial bomb blast case.
Dutt was acquitted by the trial court of charges under the Terrorists and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act but was awarded six years of imprisonment under the Arms Act for illegally possessing fire arms.
As many as 257 people were killed in Mumbai March 12, 1993, after bombs went off at more than 10 locations.
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Relief for Abu Salem as apex court stays trial in 1993 blasts (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- CBI opposes relief for Sanjay Dutt - Aug 23, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt says Noorani issued threats through dons - Dec 29, 2010
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court to hear final hearing in January 2011 - Jul 26, 2010
- Apex court wants details of Abu Salem case proceedings - Mar 19, 2012
- 1993 Mumbai blasts case: Supreme Court's final hearing on March 29 - Jan 11, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt finally free of terror charges - Mar 11, 2010
- Supreme Court denies bail to Bangalore blast accused - Jan 03, 2012
- Bombay High Court issues order to seal Sanjay Dutt's property - Dec 28, 2010
- Relief for Abu Salem in 1993 blasts - Feb 17, 2012
- Maudany denied bail in Bangalore blast case (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Can't suffer for brother's sins, Yakub Memon tells apex court - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,