Supporters of Madhya Pradesh legislator create ruckus at BJP officeDecember 20th, 2008 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Dec 20 (IANS) Hundreds of supporters of former central minister Sartaj Singh created an uproar at the Madhya Pradesh headquarters of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) here Saturday as he was not included in Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s new cabinet. Sartaj Singh’s supporters barged into the state BJP headquarters shouting slogans against the party’s state leadership and Chouhan. Some of them even waved shoes and said that the Chouhan government would not last long if their leader was not inducted in the ministry.
Party Vice President Brijendra Sisodia tried to pacify them but to no avail. They cooled down only when Sartaj Singh, accompanied by state party president Narendra Singh Tomar, reached the party office and appealed to them to disperse.
Sartaj Singh, who had defeated central minister Arjun Singh from the Hoshangabad Lok Sabha constituency, had resigned as MP and contested from the Sivni Malwa constituency in last month’s assembly elections. He won with a margin of over 25,000 votes.
“He defeated senior Congress leader and seven-time MLA Hajarilal Raghuvanshi and therefore he deserved a berth in the cabinet,” said one of his supporters.
- BJP asks Madhya Pradesh legislator to explain conduct - Dec 21, 2008
- 10 new ministers take oath in Madhya Pradesh - Oct 28, 2009
- Girl, allegedly raped by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike - Feb 07, 2011
- BJP wins one seat in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Feb 17, 2011
- BJP wins Jabera by-poll in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 29, 2011
- Chouhan confident of BJP win in by-polls - Feb 08, 2011
- Police battle anti-graft protesters outside PM's house, Hazare for second freedom movement (Intro Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Yeddyurappa's headache: Scarce cabinet berths, many aspirants - May 15, 2011
- Congress legislator arrested in Ujjain for morphing picture - Feb 04, 2012
- On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Former Madhya Pradesh minister pushed out of BJP office - Apr 01, 2009
- BJP wins in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar by-polls (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- BJP win both seats in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- PMO rejects allegations against Manmohan, Team Anna cries foul (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Team Anna supporters protest outside BJP office - Aug 02, 2012