Super Black Cat commandos by 2015: NSG chiefOctober 16th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Manesar (Haryana), Oct 16 (IANS) India’s elite counter-terrorism force, the National Security Guard (NSG) will have Super Black Cat commandos after the force’s modernisation by the end of 2015, its chief said Sunday.
“The NSG is working on a five-year plan to provide best technology and training to our commandos. NSG, presently one of the best special forces in the world, will get a new face,” said NSG Director General Rajan Medhekar.
The commandos will be able to retaliate more effectively in the coming years, he told media persons after NSG’s 27th Raising Day ceremony here.
On the “super commandos”, Medhekar said: “After modernisation, the commandos will be much better equipped with the latest weaponry. Every commando will be a unit in himself”.
“The Black Cat will carry global positioning system (GPS), body wearable computers, automatic cameras, self-care medication and so on with him. The commander giving directions to commando on the task would be able to see him in action,” he said.
Medhekar said NSG is sharing training and technology with world’s best agencies from France, Israel, Germany and other countries.
“In future, we have plans to perform this training with (US) FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and the Special Forces,” he added.
The NSG is now equipped with remote control improved explosive device (RCIED) bomb jammer also.
The jammer vehicle’s key was handed over to Major Ashok Yadav, bomb squad incharge of NSG, by union Minister of State for Home, Mullapally Ramachandran, who was the chief guest at the function.
“The jammer is effective in the range of up to 100 meters. By getting this, the force can more powerfully counter terrorism,” said Medhekar.
- Sticky bomb a bigger threat: NSG chief - Feb 15, 2012
- Chidambaram inaugurates NSG hub in Mumbai - Feb 23, 2012
- NSG regional hub inaugurated in Hyderabad - Dec 06, 2011
- Chidambaram promises better weapons as NSG celebrates silver jubilee - Oct 16, 2009
- New weapons, better preparedness since 26/11: NSG chief (One Year after 26/11) - Nov 13, 2009
- IAF and NSG conduct exercise 'Black Eagle' - May 13, 2010
- India's police to get American 3D technology, weaponry boost - Jun 12, 2011
- Don't require own aircraft: NSG chief - Oct 16, 2009
- Andhra anti-terror force Octopus gets its headquarters - Aug 13, 2012
- Delhi to get 24X7 NSG security - Oct 21, 2009
- NSG to get high tech new weapons to fight terror: Chidambaram - Oct 16, 2009
- NHRC holds debate competition for para-military forces - Nov 18, 2011
- BEL to flag surveillance products at defence expo - Mar 28, 2012
- China developing high-tech weaponry and equipment: White Paper - Mar 31, 2011
- Foreign commandos contact NSG to know Mumbai story - Nov 26, 2009
Tags: ashok, automatic cameras, best technology, bomb squad, chief guest, commandos, counter terrorism, explosive device, federal bureau of investigation, global positioning system, incharge, manesar, media persons, minister of state, modernisation, nsg, rajan, ramachandran, self care, union minister