Sunny Sidhu tops in Hornbill Motor RallyDecember 4th, 2011 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Kohima, Dec 4 (IANS) Sunny Sidhu, the 37-year-old from Chandigarh, won the fifth JK Tyre Hornbill International Motor Rally that concluded here Sunday.
Sidhu, who competed in the 100 km autocross event that attracted entries from Brittain Japan, Thailand and Laos said: “I am extremely happy with my win as I was participating in this rally for the first time. The competition was tough and the track was nice with a mixture of sweeping and tight corners.”
The two-day rally traversed through different parts of Kohima district, including the historic Battle of Kohima ground of World War II fame.
Sanjay Takle, along with his navigator Satish Gopalkrishna, won the title in the four-wheeler rally.
The rally coincides with the famous Hornbill Festival of Nagaland, a seven-day extravaganza of cultural performances, ethnic food courts, handlooms and handicrafts bazaars, film and art festivals, fashion shows and a national rock contest.
- Tourists throng annual 'Hornbill Festival' in Nagaland - Dec 20, 2010
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- 'King of racers' aims to conquer Mughal rally - Jun 23, 2011
- Stage set for South India Rally - Jun 24, 2011
- Top navigators for National TSD Rally - Aug 18, 2012
- Desert Storm Rally hits dust tracks Tuesday - Feb 21, 2011
- Sidhu, Michael triumph in Desert Storm rally - Feb 27, 2011
- Motorsport enthusiasts excited ahead of South India Rally - Jun 16, 2011
- Nagaland road shows encouraging local entrepreneurs - May 20, 2010
- 80 entries for National Autocross - Apr 23, 2012
- National TSD Rally championship launched - Aug 14, 2012
- An incentive for top three in JK Junior Cup racing - Apr 15, 2011
- Rana, Frauwallner seal mountain rally honours - Oct 17, 2011
- Ahead of polls in 5 states, Mumbai police warn of car thefts - Jan 11, 2012
- Kashmir's Mughal motor rally to have bikes too - Apr 15, 2012
Tags: art festivals, bazaars, ethnic food, extravaganza, fame, fashion shows, food courts, four wheeler, handicrafts, handlooms, hornbill festival, jk tyre, laos, mixture, motor rally, rock contest, sanjay, tight corners, tyre, world war ii