Sunny but chilly in HimachalJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 23 (IANS) Himachal Pradesh witnessed a sunny but cold day Monday with temperatures staying below freezing point in many areas.
“It was a bright, sunny day across the state with chances of cloud formation later in the day,” an official of the meteorological office told IANS.
He said Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest at a minimum temperature of minus 12.4 degrees Celsius.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district, which experienced 5.7 cm of snow, saw a low of minus 7 degrees, while the temperature was minus 2 degrees in Manali and 2.7 degrees in Dharamsala.
Shimla’s night temperature was 1.4 degrees Celsius, a fall from Sunday’s 2.6.
The Met office said the weather would be mainly dry in the state till Tuesday.
- Mild snowfall in Shimla, Manali - Mar 08, 2012
- Sunny, but chilly day in Himachal - Feb 06, 2012
- Sunny, but nippy day in Himachal - Feb 15, 2012
- Himachal's Keylong sees season's heaviest snow - Mar 05, 2012
- Mercury plummets across Himachal Pradesh - Jan 21, 2012
- Fresh snow in Himachal, cold wave unabated - Feb 04, 2012
- More snow in Manali, Kalpa and higher reaches of Himachal - Jan 26, 2012
- More snow in store for Shimla, Manali - Feb 11, 2012
- Manali wrapped up in white blanket - Dec 10, 2011
- Mercury up but snow in store in Himachal - Feb 19, 2012
- Shimla, Manali get snowfall, mercury dips (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Himachal hill towns get set for more snow (Lead) - Jan 09, 2011
- Cold wave grip continues on Himachal (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Snow, rain continue in Himachal - Feb 14, 2012
- Himachal braces for more snow, rain - Feb 16, 2012