Suniel Shetty is bringing back ‘Biggest Loser Jeetega’August 27th, 2008 - 9:05 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 27 (IANS) After the success of his reality show “Biggest Loser Jeetega” on Sahara One, fitness freak Suniel Shetty is coming with the second season of the weight loss programme.But Bollywood actor-producer Suniel, who brain-stormed, conceived, executed and anchored the show, says this time he will be supervising “Biggest Loser Jeetega” from behind the camera.
“‘Biggest Loser…’ has been my life’s biggest challenge and victory. To get so many contestants to lose as much as 40 kg at a go was no mean achievement. So, yeah, I’m bringing back the show. But I’d leave the practical execution and the nitty-gritty to my co-producer Rahul Aggarwal,” Suniel told IANS.
“For me giving the full-time attention and focus that the show requires is not possible at the moment,” he added.
Suniel is extremely busy as an actor and producer.
“But, yes, I’d be there to give the show all the boost it requires. We want the second innings of ‘Biggest Loser Jeetega’ to be bigger and more decisive than the first part. Otherwise there’s no point in encoring the show.”
Apart from “Biggest Loser…”, Suniel had planned a film on the Mumbai train blasts in 2006 titled “Little Godfather”, but it got derailed.
“This film is our tribute to the brave people of Mumbai who stood up to the extreme attack of terrorism on 7/11 and emerged almost unscathed. We really wanted the ‘Little Godfather’ release to coincide with 7/11. But the film stars a bunch of completely new faces and they need more time to get into character than experienced actors.
“So, we decided not to rush it. There was no point. The film has 8-9 new young actors, all straight from the streets and trained by my director Joy Augustine through intense workshops. The film needs rigorous promotion because it’s got no stars. But every one of those 8-9 faces is a potential star,” said Suniel proudly, adding that he has always been fond of promoting new talent.
Another big plan for 7/11 which fell through was “Mission Istanbul”. If Suniel had his way he would’ve released the film on schedule on July 11. However it got delayed and was finally released on July 25.
“It was a film on international terrorism and we wanted it out in the week of 7/11 when the train blasts shook Mumbai. But then post-production took longer than we expected.”
- Desi 'Kill Bill' series with Neetu Chandra? - Apr 07, 2012
- Is Suniel Shetty Really The Most Professional Actor In Bollywood? - Dec 11, 2010
- No direction plans for Suniel Shetty - Jul 02, 2012
- 'A celebrity's life is a vicious cycle' (With Images) - Nov 29, 2011
- Bazmee will direct 'Welcome Back', not 'Hera Pheri 4' - Jun 12, 2012
- CCL (Celebrity Cricket League) With Sohail Khan Entertainment Announces The “Mumbai Heroes” - Dec 02, 2010
- John my god-brother in Bollywood: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 17, 2012
- Poonam Pandey, Sambhavana Seth in 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 4' - Apr 11, 2011
- Right now my life revolves around TV show: Aamir - Mar 14, 2012
- Multi-starrers are risky: Sajid Khan - Mar 22, 2012
- This is happiest phase of my life: Suniel Shetty (Movie Snippets) - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Raaz 3' shows actors' struggle in life - Aug 01, 2012
- Presenting Akshay Kumar, the bowler - May 09, 2010
- Celebrity Cricket League unites Indian film industry: Sohail (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- RGV not my mentor: Nathalia Kaur - May 07, 2012