Sultry Tuesday, no rain likely till July 19 (Lead)July 17th, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 17 (IANS) Delhi residents’ hopes for cooling monsoon showers were dashed on a sultry Tuesday and the Met. office said the city can expect two more days of similar weather as no rain was expected till July 19.
“There is no likelihood of rains till July 19. We can expect change in weather only after Thursday,” said an official of India Meteorological Department.
Till now the capital has recorded a total rainfall of only 89 mm, which is 47 percent less than normal.
The maximum temperature Tuesday shot up to five notches above average to settle at 38.4 degrees, while the minimum settled three notches above average at 29.5 degrees. The humidity oscillated between a high and low of 76 and 40 percent.
“The sky will be partly cloudy Wednesday and the maximum and minimum temperatures will hover around 39 and 29 degrees respectively,” added the official.
- Muggy Wednesday, no rain likely till Friday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Muggy Tuesday in Delhi, rains expected - Jul 17, 2012
- Delhi continues to swelter, monsoon likely after July 3 (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sultry Friday in Delhi, no rain again (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Hot Saturday in Delhi, mercury to rise further Sunday (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Rain, storm lashes Delhi ahead of monsoon's formal arrival (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Hot, humid Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Hot and cloudy Thursday in Delhi, some rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Sunny day, pleasant evening in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Hot day for Delhi, light rains expected - Jul 02, 2012
- Light rain makes Delhi weather pleasant (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: delhi residents, humidity, india meteorological department, july 17, likelihood, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, monsoon showers, New Delhi, rain, rainfall, sky, three notches, weather