Sultan of Brunei meets Patil, Manmohan SinghMay 21st, 2008 - 10:51 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) The Sultan of oil-rich Brunei Wednesday held talks with Indian President Pratibha Patil and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on enhancing economic and cultural ties between the two countries. Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, one of the longest serving monarchs, arrived here Tuesday evening on a four-day visit - the first to the country by the Sultan of Brunei in 10 years.
He met Manmohan Singh at the latter’s official residence, 7 Race Course Road. This was followed by the signing of several agreements, including a Bilateral Investment and Protection Agreement (BIPA).
After his luncheon meeting, the sultan was scheduled to meet Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram, Defence Minister A.K. Antony and Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
President Patil hosted a banquet in the sultan’s honour at Rashtrapati Bhavan Wednesday evening.
The sultan will also travel to Bangalore, where he will visit the Indian Space and Research Organisation (ISRO) and some IT establishments.
- India, Brunei to deepen economic, cultural links - May 20, 2008
- Thai prime minister arrives in India, focus on trade ties - Apr 05, 2011
- Brunei considering India's demand for natural gas - Sep 26, 2011
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- 'Delhiwala' Malawi president arriving on six-day visit - Nov 01, 2010
- India, Sri Lanka agree to strengthen bilateral security framework - Jun 09, 2010
- Nepal President accorded ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Feb 16, 2010
- India, Brunei to sign four pacts next week - May 16, 2008
- Nepal President arrives on four-day visit to India - Feb 15, 2010
- Poland Prime Minister Donald Tusk to visit India on Monday - Sep 05, 2010
- Obamas ceremonially welcomed to India (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- 'Kesariya balam', Indian delicacies, wow Obamas at state banquet (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Botswana vice president in India for four-day visit - Jun 16, 2010
- Thai PM chief guest at Republic Day parade - Jan 23, 2012
- India, New Zealand eye trade pact; discuss IT, agriculture (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011