Sukna scam: Court martialled Rath loses rankJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Jan 22 (IANS) Lt. Gen. P.K. Rath, who was convicted in a land scam by a court martial a day earlier, was Saturday handed down a sentence including stripping off of his rank and forfeiture of 15 years of service for pension purposes. The court martial against Rath, the first serving lieutenant general (Lt. Gen.) to be convicted, recommended taking “off the rank and the precedence of appointment” with substantive effect from May 24, 2010. In effect, his promotion in 2008 may now be considered effective from 2010.
The court martial also recommended forfeiture of 15 years of his service for the purpose of pension, besides a severe reprimand.
Rath, the former 33 Corps Commander, was found guilty on three counts in a scam in which a no-objection certificate (NOC) was issued to a private realtor to transfer a 70-acre plot of land adjacent to the Sukna military station in West Bengal’s Siliguri district.
- Sukna land scam: Court martial to reassemble Monday - Jul 11, 2011
- Sukna land scam: Court martial reassembles - Jul 11, 2011
- Sukna scam: Court martialled general's kin to fight for justice - Jan 23, 2011
- Sukna land scam: Rath challenges revision order (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Avadesh Prakesh senior-most officer to be dismissed from Army (To go with 'Sukna scam: Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash dismissed from service') - Dec 03, 2011
- Sukna scam: Rath questions revision order - Jul 13, 2011
- Sukna land scam: Lt.Gen. Avadesh Prakash sacked by court martial (Roundup) - Dec 03, 2011
- Army court convicts senior general in Sukna land scam (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Sukna land scam: Rath cleared of intent to defraud - Jul 15, 2011
- Sukhna land scam: Court martialled Lieutenant General P.K. Rath loses rank - Jan 22, 2011
- Court-martial against army general in Sukna land scam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- The genesis of the Sukna land scam (To go with 'Sukna scam: Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash dismissed from service') - Dec 03, 2011
- Former Indian Army general arrested after sentencing in court martial - Feb 19, 2011
- Army court's verdict in Sukna land scam soon - Jan 18, 2011
- Land scam: Army set to court martial Lt. Gen. Avadesh Prakash - May 19, 2011
Tags: acre plot, appointment, corps commander, forfeiture, land scam, lieutenant general, lt, may 24, military station, no objection certificate, no objection certificate noc, plot of land, precedence, rath, realtor, reprimand, shillong, siliguri, west bengal