Sukhoi Superjet conducts first passenger flightApril 21st, 2011 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Armenian airline Armavia Thursday completed the first passenger flight of Russia’s newest commercial plane, the Sukhoi Superjet 100.
The plane, which was carrying 90 passengers, landed at Moscow’s Sheremetevo Airport at 4.45 a.m. The aircraft was delivered to Armavia at a ceremony in Armenia Wednesday.
“The delivery of the first production aircraft is the key milestone of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 Project,” said Mikhail Pogosyan, president of Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation and general director of Sukhoi.
“The event opens a new stage of the programme - the beginning of commercial operation and full-scale serial production.”
The Superjet 100 is a family of medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
The aircraft is capable of carrying 75-95 passengers up to 4,500 km.
Armavia plans to use the aircraft to conduct flights to Moscow, St Petersburg, Sochi and Ukraine.
Currently, there are 17 models in production at different stages of completion.
The company plans to manufacture at least 14 Superjet 100s this year, and 25 in 2012, and intends to sell 35 percent of them to the US, 25 percent to Europe, 10 percent to Latin America, and seven percent to Russia and China.
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Sukhoi superjet engines have flaws: Report - Jul 06, 2010
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 completes static tests programme - Sep 15, 2010
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Farnborough air show sees deals worth $47 bn - Jul 24, 2010
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- New stealth fighter jet for Russia, India - Aug 16, 2011
- Superjet 100 cleared for maiden flight in May - Apr 26, 2008
- Russia plans to sell SuperJet-100 airliners to India - Sep 30, 2008
- Russian plane carrying 44 people goes missing near Jakarta - May 09, 2012
Tags: aircraft corporation, armavia, commercial plane, different stages, honeywell, latin america, liebherr aerospace, messier dowty, milestone, passenger aircraft, passenger flight, president of russia, production aircraft, ria novosti, serial production, sheremetevo, snecma, sochi, sukhoi superjet 100, thales