Sukhoi fleet groundedDecember 2nd, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 2 (IANS) The entire fleet of the Indian Air Force (IAF) frontline fighter jets Sukhoi-30 MKI has been grounded following a crash Monday, an official Wednesday said.
“The Sukhoi fleet has been grounded for preliminary checks required after any crash. The fleet will be airborne as and when the mandatory checks are complete,” said an IAF spokesperson.
The Sukhoi-30 MKI, belonging to 31 Squadron based at the IAF station in Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh, crashed southwest of Pokharan in Rajasthan at 5.30 p.m. Monday. The pilots ejected in time and survived.
This was the second crash of a Sukhoi jet since its induction into the force 12 years ago.
- Sukhoi fleet grounded after Monday crash (Lead) - Dec 02, 2009
- Sukhoi fighter jets back in the sky - Dec 07, 2009
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Second Sukhoi crashes within an year, pilots safe (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- Crash-hit Sukhois get Indian Air Force chief's thumbs up - Dec 21, 2011
- IAF Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe - Dec 13, 2011
- IAF Sukhoi squadron gets President's Standard - Mar 06, 2012
- MiG-21 crashes in Punjab, pilot safe - Sep 06, 2011
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF's Sukhoi jets to be upgraded to fifth generation fighters - Aug 18, 2011
- IAF Sukhoi crashes in Rajasthan, pilots safe (Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- IAF Sukhoi jet crashes near Pune, pilots safe (Third Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- IAF's Sukhois to roar close to Pakistan border - Sep 30, 2011
- India, Russia sign deal for another 42 Sukhoi combat planes (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Patil first Indian president to ride battle tank - Dec 05, 2011